Visiting garden is such a good activity for all age group of people. Gardens take you close to nature and you feel refresh and energetic. The purpose of visiting garden could be different like children like to play in gardens, youths like to have a run or walk and elders can have yoga session and get relax. Now days even youngster are doing yoga. A morning or evening walk in a garden take you away from the hustle bustle of regular life and you feel close to nature and take some fresh breath which makes you feel refreshed. Delhi is one of the greenest capital in the world and it has lots of gardens. Below are some of the Most Popular Gardens To Visit In Delhi.
1. Lodhi Garden: This is one of the historical gardens Delhi have. It is just three KM away from Humayun Tomb situated at Lodhi road. This Garden was established by Lodhi and Sayyid rulers in 15th Garden has been maintained very well and still has some historical monuments which are an added attraction in the garden. Garden was redesign by JA Stein and Garrett Eckbo in 1968 and got is present design and shape. Tomb of Muhammad Shah and Sikander Lodhi still very much there to visit. As you enter the garden you feel the history in it. Today Lodhi garden has become the first choice for morning joggers and fitness freaks. You will witness so many people doing yoga and other fitness activities in the morning. Check Unesco World Heritage sites in Delhi.
2. Garden of Five Senses: This garden was developed by Delhi Tourism and Transportation Development Corporation which a govt department for the promotion and marketing of Delhi as a tourist destination. Garden is spread in a twenty-acre site located near Mehrauli heritage area in south Delhi. Garden took three years and 10.5 crore rupees to complete and was open to the public in 2003. Garden has been divided into parts based on some themes like Mughal garden, Plus pools of water lilies, Bamboo Court, Herb garden and solar energy park. The garden is developed to stimulate five senses of our body with its attractions and beauty and give us chance to see, smell, touch and hear our natural surroundings. Garden also serves as one of the cultural event venues as Delhi govt keep on organizing events here around the year. Garden Tourism Festival, Food Festival, Dandiya Festival are some of the main events which held here. Best places to visit with your valentine.
3. Mughal Garden of President House: Mughal gardens are built by Mughals in Persian style architecture. Some of the common features are pools, Canals, and fountains in the garden. Delhi has a Mughal garden inside the president house of India. It is a most significant historical garden in Delhi. Garden is popular for its variety of flowers and herbs some of which are rare and extinct. This garden is spread in 15 acres of land and draws its inspiration from Mughal garden of Jammu and Kashmir. Sir Edwin Lutyens finalized design the garden in 1917 but planting was done during the years 1928-1929 only. President house of India have two different styles of architecture Indian and western so the sir Edwin Lutyens follow the same for the garden and brought together two different horticulture for the garden the Mughal style and English flower garden. As a one of the prime Place of India Mughal garden open for the public in between February to March only which is the best time for flowers to blossom. Garden houses 159 celebrated varieties of roses which blossom in the month of February and March.
4. Deer Park: Deer Park is located in Hauz Khas south Delhi. Park is also known as A.K Jha deer park named after famous social worker Aditya Nath Jha. Deer park house many subsections as Duck Park, Picnic Spots and Rabbit Enclosures etc. Park also has some tombs of Mughal era which connect this with history. Park can be accessed from Safdarjung enclave and green park Hauz Khas village. Park has four different wings as Deer Park, Rosegarden, Fountain and District park. Park is very close to the Hauz Khas village which houses so many restaurants and bars with shopping options. Close to the park, you will also find a Hauz Khas lake where you can witness a beautiful sunset. Add: Deer Park, Hauz Khas, New Delhi, 110016 MAP Check out Bird Walk at Okhla Bird Sanctuary.
5. Nehru Park: Named after India’s first prime minister Pt. Jawahar Lal Nehru. Nehru Park is situated in diplomatic enclave Chanakyapuri. The park is spread over an area of 80 acres was established in 1969. Today it is one of the leading green areas in Delhi. Park is also used by NDMS for ‘Morning Ragas and Evening Ragas Concerts, as part of the “Music in the Park” concerts. Apart from this, it is one favorite place for morning yoga classes, Art events and house an ancient Shiv temple and famous cafe. Park is one of the famous landmarks in Delhi to hang out in winters to have the sunshine. Add: Vinay Marg, Chanakyapuri, New Delhi, 110023 MAP Check out best museums in Delhi including Nehru museum.