Rajasthan is one of the most visited states in India and it should be, Because when a traveler think about India and things comes to his / her mind you will find everything here in Rajasthan. For example Forts, Desert, Snakes, Elephants, and rich culture with a lot of traditions. Rajasthan have everything so if you really want to see real India than Rajasthan must be high on your bucket list. Rajasthan is a big state and have lots of places to visit which needs so much time here i m trying to combined some best places to visit which should not be missed when you are in India.
Rajasthan is a northern state of India. Biggest in terms of land one of the strongest state in terms of culture and traditions in India. Its palaces and forts are reminders of the many kingdoms that historically vied for the region.
These are the Best places to visit in Rajasthan in your next trip:
1. JAIPUR : Capital City of Rajasthan known as Pink City is most visiting city in Rajasthan and also makes a “Golden Triangle with Delhi and Agra” which is quite famous among the travelers. Jaipur has lots of to offer like Forts, Temples, Museums, Shopping, delicious Cuisine and many more. Amber Fort is one of the finest fort in Rajasthan it will give some stunning view from its top. Weapons collection in City Palace Museum is awesome. Jantar Mantar is still working astronomical place. How can we forget Hawa Mahal which is must visit in Jaipur and do not forget to try some shopping in Johri Bazaar. Accommodation options are unlimited in Jaipur you can stay in a budget hotel or you can go for heritage properties which gives you a royal feel. Check out best places to visit in Jaipur.
2. UDAIPUR : City of Lakes and also known as one of the romantic city of India. Main attractions of the city is Lake Pichola and Fateh Sagar Lake. You can have a awesome sunset view at lake Pichola. Beside these lakes City Palace is also worth visiting. Sajjan Garh (Mansoon Palace) will give you some amazing views of the city. Here also you can have a royal stay with palace which are converted in hotels.
3. JODHPUR : Jodhpur is the second largest city in Rajasthan and known as a “Blue City” also for its painted blue house which you can see from Mehrangarh fort easily. Like all most of the cities of Rajasthan Jodhpur also offer you some of the best royal hotels to stay. Places like Mehrangarh Fort and Umaid Bhavan, palace Must visiting in the city.
4. JAISALMER : City also known as “Golden City” because it lies in heart of Thar desert. City was build as a walled city in 1156 which makes it biggest fort in the world. Most of the part of city is golden sand which also was used to build the architecture of the city. Visit this city for some of the beautiful forts and amazing desert. Desert camping in winters is one of the awesome experience in this city.
5. BIKANER : City Known for its Forts and Sweets. Bikaner is the place where you can taste orignal Rajasthani food. Main attractions of the city is old town which lies in a walled boundry and Fort. The famous Temple like Karni Mata Rate Temple and Laxmi Nath Temple also worth visiting. Bikaner is still less commercialised city of Rajasthan so you can really feel real Rajasthan here.
6. PUSHKAR : City is very much known for its Camel Fair which held in the month of November every year. This Fair attaractes lot of people from all over the world. In Fair you can also enjoy Camel race and traditional dance of Rajasthan. Pushkar is also known for its temples and holy lake.Pushkar is quite popular among backpackers in Rajasthan because accommodation is very cheap here and city is peaceful.
7. CHITTORGARH : The City also known as Chittor. This ancient city of Rajasthan is home to different palaces, Temples and forts which shows some really good modern architectural designs and artistic mastery. Major attraction of the city is Chittorgarh Fort, which is biggest fort of India. This city will really give a feel of royal life and style of Rajasthan.
8. MOUNT ABU : Mount Abu is the only Hill station in the state of Rajasthan. The place is like a retreat for the people of Rajasthan and near by who are fed up with sun. Lush green surrounding and picnic spots makes Mount Abu a perfect weekend destination for people in near by. Nakki Lake and most famous Dilwara Jain Temple also makes this place worth visiting.
9. RANTHAMBORE NATIONAL PARK (SAWAI MADHOPUR) : Ranthambore National Park is one of the biggest park in India located in Sawai Madhopur district of Rajasthan, which is about 130 km form Jaipur. It is one of the best palace to spot tigers in India. This being is very popular and its facing too many tourists. Inside the park you will also find a fort which makes it more interesting.
10 : AJMER : Place is very much popular for Dargah (The Mausoleum) of Sufi Saint Khwaja Moin-ud-Din Chishti. People of all Religion from all over the India visit the Dargah. Beside the that Ajmer also have some places like Ajmer Museum, Taragarh Fort, Ana Sagar Lake and Mayo College.