“Lucknow”, the city of Nawabs and Kebabs, has an array of things to do, from exploring grand heritage buildings, museums, and palaces to many picturesque parks; the list goes on and on. So if you are planning to visit Lucknow, please check out the below list of things that you surely won’t want to miss anyhow. Top Things to do in Lucknow.
Top Things to do in Lucknow:
- Stroll on Lucknow’s Marine Drive: Far away from the hustle and bustle of city life “Lucknow’s Marine Drive” a long extended road near the Gomti River is one of the attractions that allure a number of tourists throughout the year. Here you won’t see the only reddish-brown colored sculptures of elephants but after sunset, its quiet environment and soft Hindi songs with the sound of guitar make your day. This is one of the must place to visit when you are on a tour of Top Things to do in Lucknow.
- Eat appetizing local delicacies: Your Top Things to do in Lucknow trip is not completed if you don’t eat its local delicacies, from Kachoris, Makhan Malai to famous Tunde ke Kebab which is not just flavorsome but entice your taste-buds. Lucknow which houses many good restaurants to hotels servesIndian, Chinese, Mughal, Awadhi cuisines to Continental food, etc. So, no doubt you can eat anywhere but if you are in search of a good dining experience, “Renaissance” two wonderful restaurants offer delicious buffet meals together with the scenic view of Lucknow.
If there is still space for more, then you must visit “Dastarkhwan” for pure Awadhi biryani, “Jain Chaatwala” for Chaats and last but not least “Tunde Ke Kebab” in the Chowk, the man who began this place had only one arm and henceforth the dish is famous for Tunde Ke Kebabs.
- Excursion to the main attractions of Lucknow: Now it’s time to punch your Lucknow trip by exploring the main attractions including Chota Imambara, Bara Imambara, British Residency, 1857 Memorial Museum, Indira Gandhi Planetarium, and Lucknow Zoo. All these places won’t take you to the ancient period but display a fascinating range of Mughal or British period styles of architecture to the rich culture. So get ready to dig up the top historical sites to cultural attractions in Lucknow while you are on Top Things to do in Lucknow.
- Shopping in Hazratganj: Lucknow tour will remain incomplete if you don’t do shopping in one of the old“Hazratganj Market”, situated in the heart of the city. This market which has many lanes and local shops offers every possible need of a person. From here you can purchase everything- from handicrafts, clothes, accessories, antiques to spices, fruits, vegetables to famous Chikankari embroidery work. So don’t forget to purchase the popular traditional white Chikan kurta or saree!
- Be a part of Lucknow Mahotsav: The ten-day-long “Lucknow Mahotsav” which is organized by UP Tourism and Lucknow District Administration is a mesmerizing display of traditional Plays, Sitar and Sarangi recitals, Thumri, Ghazal, Qawali, lively Processions, and Kathak dance performances. Not only this, on this festival you become the witness of many competitions like Cock Fighting, Youth festival and Drama Competition, Ekka races, Kite Flying, Vintage Car Rally, Boat Race and similar other village games.
Last but not least the Mahotsav is a treat for foodies, its wide range of tasty dishes including Kababs, Paranthas, Non-vegetarian delicacies, and Kesaria Doodh really ends everyone’s hunger. Soon coming year manages your schedule and is there on 24/01/2019 to 02/02/2019.
After reading this, I am quite sure that you are already excited, right, so, without ado, go Lucknow and enjoy its welcome sign ‘Muskuraiye Aap Lucknow Mein Hai’. To know more about Lucknow visits Orient Rail Journeys and enjoys an ultimate experience.