Hong Kong is known as Asia’s World City. The city offers an opportunity for the visitors a unique experience in the “fusion environment” which is also known as “east-meets-west”. Hong Kong is considered to be one of the most famous tourist attractions in the world. These Things to Do in Hong Kong will surely make your trip very memorable.
It is situated on the southeastern coast of China and is a populous city. The surface area of Hong Kong covers an area of 1.104 square kilometers. This tourist destination consists of small islands which include Hong Kong Island, Kowloon, and some of the new territories, and also other 260 islands. Spring, autumn, and winter are some of the perfect climates that you can visit this city. An occasional thunderstorm is experienced in summers and temperatures reach almost 31 degrees centigrade. There are some amazing vacation ideas which are mention below:
- Hong Kong Macau with Shenzhen
- Hong Kong Macau with Star Cruise
- Best of Hong Kong, Macau with Disneyland
As it is a major tourist destination, there are various things to see and do in Asia’s World City.
Here are the top ten Things to Do in Hong Kong:
1. The Peak – This peak has one of the most popular skylines, and the peak tram takes the guests 373 meters up the mountain of the highest peak in Hong Kong, Victoria Peak.
2. Po Lin Monastery/ the Giant Buddha – This monastery has the largest seated bronze statue, the Giant Buddha, which stands up to 34 meters in height.
3. Dim Sum – Dim Sum is one of the primary staple diets in Hong Kong. It translates “to touch the heart” in English. It is eaten with large quantities of tea and is steamed in bamboo baskets.
4. A symphony of lights – This majestic symphony of lights is named as “World’s largest permanent light and sound show” by the Guinness Books of World Records. This festival of lights is celebrated every day of the year and more than 40 skyscrapers are included in the Victoria Harbour.
5. Street Markets – This market provides a fascinating tourist experience and clearly shows the cultures of living in the cities.
6. Hong Kong Style Café – Various affordable cafes and restaurants offer culinary delights in this city. And also, they provide a cultural experience in China.
7. Wong Tai Sin Temple – Wong Tai Sin temple is considered as one of the most famous temples in Hong Kong. It is also known as the only destination in China where the religions of China which are Buddhism, Taoism and Confucianism are practiced.
8. Star Ferry – Operating since 1888, the ferries here are considered as the cheapest and the most fun-filled way to cross the Victoria Harbour. The ferries are available at regular intervals. These are popular during the evening for the Symphony of Lights shows.
9. Ding-Ding Tram – These double-decker trams are a unique way to travel across Hong Kong and is considered as one of the city’s most loved institutions.
10. Outlying Islands – These 260+ islands provide unique cultures and various natural landscapes that can be explored, and it is at a distance of an hour of the city’s downtown.