Lutyens’ Delhi is an area in New Delhi which was mainly constructed at the time of Sir Edwin Lutyens (1869-1944). He was a man with great architectural sense and much responsible for most of the architecture in the area at that time (1920-1930). We will show you Best Places To Visit In New Delhi.
When you visit the area you really feel like you in a place which is surrounded by Roman architecture. This area is most expensive not in Delhi only even in India and one of the cleanest and greenest areas in the capital of India.
There is a place called Lutyens’ Bungalow zone covers almost 26 square km. Most of the land is under government except in some areas. The area which comes under the government is home to most of the VIP like Ministers, Member of Parliament and Justice of courts. There are almost 1000 Bungalow’s among them only 10 percent are in private hands.
Prominent Political Residence is like Prime Minister of India, Defense Minister of India, and many more VVIP’s.
The area which comes under private hand also belongs to some of the richest businessmen of India
Best Places To Visit In New Delhi
- President House of India.
- Parliament House of India.
- India Gate.
- Connaught Place.
President House of India
In India place is very much known as Rashtrapati Bhavan which means Presidential Residence. The building was built at the time of Sir Edwin Lutyens’ between 1912-1929. visiting President’s house is like visiting the best house in India so it comes in Best Places To Visit In New Delhi.
It has 340 rooms and it has been build by red sandstone and limestone.700 million bricks were used to build this place. Basically it was viceroy’s house at the time of British rule but later it became a house for Indian President.
When designers started working on design the prepared a typical European style which could hurt Indian sentiments so later they designed a mixture of European and Indian architecture which resulted in this amazing building.
Inside the place, you will also find a very beautiful garden called Mughal Garden. This garden has so many varieties of flowers and herbal remedies. Mughal garden is a place for which people wait for the entire year so it one of the main attractions in Best Places To Visit In New Delhi.
Garden is not open for the public throughout the year it is only open from February to March every year.
Visit the President’s house: If you want to visit this amazing building you will have to make an appointment. you need to register yourself at President of India’s website and pay the nominal fees and you will be granted a date and time then you can visit this place.
Parliament House of India
The place also known as Sansad Bhawan and situated very close to the President house of India. It is one more example of great architecture of Edwin Lutyen’s and it is one of the amazing architecture of Lutyen’s Delhi (New Delhi). Construction took almost six-year and it was opened in 1927. You can visit Parliament Museum inside the building it would be a great experience.
India Gate is also known as the All India War memorial. It was built in the memory of 82,000 soldiers on the undivided British Indian Army who died in the first world war. It was constructed between 1921 to 1931 with the help of stone and again design by Edwin Lutyen’s one more marvelous building in Lutyen’s Delhi. It is situated just opposite side of President’s house of India at a Very famous road Rajpath which connects India Gate to President’s house. Rajpath also hosts the Indian republic day parade on 26 January every year.
India gate is one of the most crowded places in New Delhi in the evening and most of them are local residents who come with there families to enjoy the evening and to have a magnificent lighted view of India gate. it’s a great place for your children to enjoy and play. India gate is one of the best places to hang out with your family, friends and life partner so it can not be ignored in Best Places To Visit In New Delhi.
It would not be wrong if I say Connaught place is the heart of New Delhi. It is one of the biggest commercial, financial, and business center. It is also known as CP as a short form of Connaught place. It is still houses of so many big Indian companies headquarters. It was also headquarters of Britishers and still remains the pride of the city and topmost heritage site in New Delhi.
Construction began in 1929 and was completed in 1933. It has two circles inner circle named Rajeev Chowk and outer circle named Indira Chowk. Today Connaught place is the fourth most expensive office space in the world. It is a one-stop place for everything you need to enjoy. Connaught Place has something for everyone so it deserves to be in Best Places To Visit In New Delhi.
Things to do in Connaught Place :
- Shopping: If you are a shopping lover than Connaught place is the best place for you. You will find almost every brand here for clothes, Shoes, Leather items, electronics, etc. Beside this brands Connaught place is also a great place for street shopping and budget shoppers. I think no girl would be unknown to Janpath street market it is one of the best budget markets for girls. you will find all the latest designs for tops, Kurtis, Shorts, at a very reasonable price. Janpath road is also has a Tibetan market for handicraft items. you can also try Palika Bazar an underground market for reasonable stuff but have to bargain here. Do not forget to visit Baba Kharag Singh Marg here you will find handicrafts emporium from different states of India and stuff is so good.
- Entertainment: Connaught Place has so many Discos and bars for party lovers. For movies you can enjoy here PVR, Odien and Plaza and one single-screen theater is also here named Regal which reminds your old days of single-screen cinemas.
- Food: It does not make any difference what kind of food you like because in Connaught place you will find everything like Indian, Mughlai, Italian, Chines, South Indian, North Indian, Veg, Non-Veg fast food, etc. All the fast-food chains like McDonald’s, KFC, Pizza hut, Domino’s is here and budget is not an issue here because you can have food here from INR 50 to INR 5000 for one meal. Do not forget to taste something from this very famous like A Paan near Odien Cinema, Milk Shake at Shake Square, Pastries at Wenger. Some of the options for food as below.
- Pind Baluchi (North Indian)
- Saravana Bhawan (Veg south Indian)
- Desi Vibes (Mughlai)
- Nando’s (Portuguese, African)
- Caffe 9 (North Indian, Chinese, Italian, American, Middle Eastern)
- Caffe Tonino (Pizza, Italian)
- Vaulte Cafe (North Indian, Mediterranean, Asian, Continental)
- Zizo (Lebanese, Mediterranean)
- Parikarma – Revolving Restaurant (North Indian, Chinese, Mughlai)
- Khan Chacha (Mughlai, North Indian)
Attractions: In nearby the Connaught place you can visit some of the fine places like Jantar Mantar, Agrasen ki baoli, Hanuman Temple, Central Park, Gurudwara Bangla Sahib, etc.
How to Reach: Connaught Place is centrally located and very well connected to every corner of Delhi by Metro and Public buses. You can also reach there by auto and your personal Vehicle. Main Metro station is Rajeev chowk and nearby is Barakhamba road, Janpath, Mandi House, and Shiva Ji Stadium. Main Bus terminal is Shiva Ji stadium. If you are coming from the airport than Airport Express Line Metro is the best option it takes you to Shiva Ji Stadium metro station in Connaught place within 30 Minutes. You can also have a taxi but it takes approx 01 hours to reach Connaught Place.
I hope the above Best Places To Visit In New Delhi are in your bucket as well if not please add.